Thank you for your interest in Day Hollow Animal Hospital, however we regret to inform you at this time, that we are not accepting new clients.
Day Hollow Animal Hospital and COVID-19
Updated March 23, 2020
Please know that we are working to protect the health of our staff, clients, pets, and the community we serve. When you bring your pet to Day Hollow, you will see changes in how we provide care. We must all deal with how to stay safe and live with “a new normal” in the face of COVID-19.
Pets and COVID-19:
- “At present, there is no evidence that companion animals such as dogs or cats can be infected with the COVID19.” (WHO-World Health Organization website March 2020).
- Although pets do not seem to carry the COVID-19 virus, they may have active virus on their fur from a sick owners loving contact. The virus can then be shared as staff touches your pet’s fur while providing care. Staff may wear gloves & gown for self-protection during your visit (if the human is ill).
The hospital environment:
During your pet's exam, we are having owners wait outside in their cars. There are a few instances which are exceptions however- if we do have you bring your animal in, please sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving, avoid touching surfaces and maintain physical distance. Only one adult accompanies pet through appointment. Only one person is in the reception area at a time.
- Every exam room is routinely cleaned after every patient. We have increased that routine cleaning as well as wiping all hospital surfaces multiple times each day.
- For now: Social distancing, washing hands, covering your cough, staying home if sick, and only “air hugs”.
Your Hospital Visit:
- Please call when you arrive for your pet's appointment. Our staff will get your pet's history by phone and then will come to you in the parking lot. We ask you to help your pet from the car and our staff will take him/her to the exam room where the vet will examine and then call you on your cell phone to discuss findings and treatment plan. We will take really good care of your pet while you will stay in the car or outside. If you do not have a phone, we will provide you with a hospital phone. Our staff will take your payment by phone - if possible please pay with credit card to avoid money handling.
- If you are sick, please reschedule your pets PREVENTATIVE care appointment (unless rabies vaccine is overdue or on edge of due).
- If you know you are sick or are on self isolation related to COVID, Please try to have someone else bring your pet. If this is not possible and your pet needs emergent care, call ahead and let us know you are coming. Once here call us on your cell phone. We will come to your car, take your pet, and Dr. Hills will call you from the exam room. Our staff will then return your pet to you in the car. If you do not have a cell phone, come just inside main door and let staff know you are here and that you are sick - do not touch any surfaces except door knob. Our staff will likely wear gown, mask and gloves as a precaution knowing that the virus can be present on the fur of your pet and have a very slight possibility of being shared as staff works with your pet. We will take your payment by phone
Medication, diets, refills:
- We ask that you consider our online pharmacy for your refills and diets. They will deliver to your home and avoid in-hospital contact. If you need help, we will guide you.
- Curbside pickup is available for clients that are vulnerable, sick, or simply concerned. Call us and let us know what you need and when you will be down to pick-up. Pay by credit card over the phone. We will meet you in the parking lot with your pet’s medications, etc.
- Please be sure that you have at least a full month supply of preventatives, medications, food, etc. We are routinely finding shortages of meds and supplies at this time.
Behavior Barn (BB):
- The Behavior Barn is closed for the next two weeks. Doggy daycare, puppy playtime and all training classes are currently cancelled. We will update you as we can. Ashley (our trainer) is remotely offering a 25 day dog training challenge which sounds like a great opportunity for fun and learning during this time.
We encourage all to “stay safe” and “be healthy”. Please call us with questions and concerns.
Most Sincerely, Dr. Hills and the staff at Day Hollow Animal Hospital
Our curriculum has changed!! Check out our new classes.
Dog Training Program with Ashley Lassila - multiple levels of group dog training classes including AKC STAR Puppy certification, AKC Canine Good Citizen and Trick dog titles. Also offering doggy daycare on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's from 9 am to 5 pm
Ashley is a certified dog trainer who has been with The Behavior Barn for several years operating our Doggy Daycare Program. Through her experience she has developed skills in reading dog body language. She practices teaching good manners in a multiple dog setting. Ashley's teaching methods will unlock your dog's potential, encouraging them to make good decisions in all situations.
Dog Training Information
Dog Training Class Calendar
Doggy Daycare offered on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays !!
Important information for all Pet Owners!
For Pet food recall information please visit:
FDA Pet Food Recalls
Day Hollow Animal Hospital in Owego, NY is a full service animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet(s). Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy animals; early detection and treatment of disease as your companion animal ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet(s) health care. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
At this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional animal health care information. Visit our online store!
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please contact us at (607)687-1750 for all your pet health care needs.