Small Animal Services
Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, we stress the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best:
We now have Companion Therapy Laser!
- Puppy and Kitten Care: From their first shots to their spaying and neutering, we will guide you through an appropriate vaccination schedule for each individual pet to fit their needs based on their lifestyles. We will educate you on all of the important topics that come with having a new puppy or kitten and help you every step of the way to keep both you, your family and your pets healthy and happy!
- Canine and Feline Wellness Care: Depending on the age of your pet, and their health status - we recommend at least one wellness examination a year to keep your pet as healthy as possible. For both dogs and cats we recommend vaccinations as needed/dependent on lifestyle, annual fecal testings and appropriate bloodwork such as tick borne disease/heartworm testing for dogs and feline leukemia/feline aids/heartworm testing in cats. We also recommend keeping both cats and dogs on monthly preventatives to cover for flea and tick prevention and intestinal parasite/heartworm prevention. At their annual wellness examinations each pet will get a thorough head to tail physical along with a weight check to make sure that your pet is maintaining a healthy weight.
- Senior Canine and Feline Care: We understand that each pet has their own individual needs and that does not change when they get older. We will design a program to fit your pet's specific needs. With a senior pet, we would recommend at least two physical examinations per year. We would recommend continuing with their ususal vaccinations, blood testings, fecal testings and preventatives unless illness/disease compromises those recommendations. As they get older, you will find that we may recommend more diagnostic tests such as comprehensive bloodwork, urinalysis, and sometimes even radiographs or ultrasounds.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets' complete health care needs.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Internal medicine consults: We offer in-hospital referrals to an internal medicine specialist who performs ultrasounds, endoscopic procedures and helps us with the diagnosis of more complicated cases.
- Radiology Services: Our on-site, digital X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders.
- Ultrasound Services: We offer on-site ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound coming soon!
- Companion Laser Therapy: We offer laser therapy, which is a non-surgical, pain free method to aid with certain medical issues such as: arthritis, ear infections, skin wounds, etc.
- Electrocardiography Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, dental X-rays, tooth extractions and minor oral surgery.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Permanent identification: We offer microchip identification.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet. We also carry a full line of prescription diets.
- Individualized Flea Control Programs: We develop programs for the specific needs of your pet and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pet.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
- Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression.
- Bathing: Routine and therapeutic bathing services are available. Ask us about "Bath and Beyond".
- Emergency Care: Please call our main telephone number for instructions for after-hour emergencies..
- Allergy Testing: We work in conjunction with Heska to test for both food and environmental allergies. Heska also offers a vaccine specific to your pet's needs in either oral or injectable forms.
- Dog Training: Dog training services are available such as puppy kindergarten, AKC star puppy, and adult basics with our dog trainer Rebecca Medina in our newly renovated Behavior Barn!